Friday June 9, 2006
We talk to 4 Soccer Playersand their coach about their sport and the upcoming World Cup of Soccer. The Upper Hutt City Soccer Club has 61 junior teams with over 700 players, including three NZ reps. They have a nursery grade for under 5 year olds and have teams called 'the little dribblers' and 'fast feet'!
Michael Nalder will talk about what's better? Buying a new sofa or re-upholstering the old one?
Chef Tamahou Waikari cooks Spaghetti Bolognese.
Responsible travel is when you take a holiday or journey that have a positive on the environment, culture and economy of the places you go. Many of these trips are more adventurous and exciting while at the same time kind to the countries and peoples you encounters. From basic budget backpacking to the most sumptuous luxury tours, to volunteer opportunities. We speak to an expert from World Expeditions , a company which has been planning these experiences since 1975. The Lonely Planet has just released a book about this called Code Green .
Our You've Got Male panel talks about drinking and the difference between the sexes.
Heather Tait-Collins tells us how to deal with frost in the garden.
Susan Fogarty has written her first book called " Susan in the Suburbs ", a cynical and humorous look and family life in New Zealand today.
The first national exhibition of jewellery design opens Friday in Wellington. It is going to showcase the work of 70 homegrown jewellers, featuring a selection of contemporary, traditional and unusual pieces.
Steve Gray reviewed the following DVD's:
1. Fun with Dick and Jane - Dick (Jim Carrey) loses his job, convinces his wife Jane (Téa Leoni) to quit her job and they take up a hilarious life of crime to pay the bills
2. Aeon Flux -Aeon Flux is a mysterious assassin working for the Monicans, a group of rebels trying to overthrow the government. When she is a sent on a mission to kill the "chairman" a whole new mystery is found.
3. River Queen - A young Irish woman and her family find themselves on both sides of the turbulent wars between British and Maori during the British colonisation of New Zealand in 1860
4. Haute Tension - Two college friends, Marie and Alexa, encounter loads of trouble (and blood) while on holiday at Alexa's parent's country home when a mysterious killer invades their quiet getaway.
5. Real Madrid Forever - A history of the club and stadium.
6. Blood Simple - A rich but jealous man hires a private investigator to kill his cheating wife and her new man. But, when blood is involved, nothing is simple.