U | The House Rules
When you sign up to any of our online communities you must abide by the individual site's rules for all your activity. However, we have some expectations of how you should behave on our pages, and on these sites:
- Don't post anything you don't want people to see. Remember that these sites are a public space.
- Keep your contact information private. To avoid being contacted by a strangers do not post it in a public space.
- Remember to always respect people's privacy - make sure you have the consent of all the people you feature in any videos or images you share and don't post personal details about other people.
- Your postings, video or images must be your own work.
- Don't lie about your age in order to see content restricted for people older than you. It has been restricted for a reason.
- Be careful when connecting with strangers online. We recommend that you do not meet people in the real world that you have only met online.
- Harassment should not be tolerated. If you are being harassed by anyone you should firstly ignore it, most harassment will go away if ignored. If it continues, please contact the site owners through the relevant reporting procedures as outlined on each of their sites.
- Don't post any videos, images or text showing or referencing people committing illegal acts.
- Unless asked to by U, do not post links to any other sites. We do not endorse anyone else's website, if you do see a link to another site you may wish to report this to the social network site.
- We do not endorse the unauthorised promotion of activities taking place in the real world whether this is a party or an event. Only authorised events will be promoted on u.co.nz
- Offensive comments are not in the spirit of the U sites and should be reported to the social network site as soon as possible.
- We respect your point of view and will listen to what you have to say about U. However, don't say untrue things about people or companies as this may be defamatory and don't mention any court cases or arrests as this may get you into big trouble with the police.
- Please do not give anybody your bank details or any other personal details. U will not ask you for these details.