S3 Ep 12 - Chocolate shake
Choc Almond Shake
Serves 4 • Preparation time Soak almonds overnight
1 cup whole almonds, skin on
3 cups water
3 cups unsweetened almond
1 cup pitted dates
1 large banana, peeled
1 tablespoon good-quality cocoa powder
4–6 ice cubes
For the almond milk
- Place whole almonds in a bowl and just cover with water. Leave to soak overnight. Drain and discard liquid.
- Place almonds in a blender, add water and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth.
- Pour contents of blender through a cheesecloth-lined strainer into a large jug. (If you intend to make almond milk on a regular basis, invest in a nut-milk bag as it is more effective than cheesecloth.) Squeeze to extract all the goodness of the almond meal.
- Store almond milk in the refrigerator. It will last for 3–4 days.
For the shake
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and drink.
Tip: For a quick choc almond shake buy organic unsweetened almond milk