S2 Ep3: Cheesy rice crisps
Cheesy rice crisps
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground rosemary
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon red capsicum powder
1 teaspoon ground pepper
3 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
pinch salt and white pepper
1/4 packet (275g) rice bubbles
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the coating
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Set aside.
For the rice crisps
1. Preheat oven to 150C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place egg whites in a bowl and beat until thick and smooth. Add rice bubbles, flour and baking powder, and mix together.
3. Spread mixture evenly over prepared baking tray or a silicone baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, break up and return to oven for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, cool then break into pieces and toss with coating.
Dehydrated vegetable slices
Home dehydrators may take longer.
beetroot, cut into 3mm thick slices
carrot, cut lengthwise into 3mm thick slices
cucumber, cut lengthwise into 3mm thick slices
parsnip, cut lengthwise into 3mm thick slices
1. Place vegetables in a dehydrator for 4 hours or until crisp.
Serve with Hummus or Cauliflower or Lentil Dip.
1. Preheat oven to 50C.
2. Place vegetables on an oven tray and bake overnight in oven.