S2 Ep2: Orzo paella with watercress salsa
Orzo paella with watercress salsa
A delicious paella-style dish using orzo pasta. Always buy seafood from a reputable supplier.
2 chorizo, sliced
6 shallots, sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
300g fresh squid, cleaned, scored and sliced
200g monkfish fillets, finely sliced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 tomatoes, diced
12 surf clams or cockles
1 cup fish stock
3 cups cooked orzo
3 Chargrilled Courgettes (see page xx)
1/2 head radicchio, sliced
3 tablespoons finely chopped chopped watercress
zest of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons avocado oil
white pepper to taste
For the paella
1. Heat a large heavy-based saucepan, that has a lid, to hot and spray with a little oil.
2. Add chorizo and sauté until golden. Add shallots, garlic, squid, monkfish and sauté for about 1 minute. Add smoked paprika and combine, then mix in tomatoes, clams and fish stock.
3. Cover and shake pan, and continue cooking for 30-40 minutes, regularly shaking pan until all clams have opened.
4. Add orzo, stirring to combine, and heat thoroughly. Then add courgettes and radicchio and stir through.
For the salsa
1. Combine all ingredients together.
Serve orzo paella garnished with watercress salsa.