The Te Tai Tokerau electorate encompassing Northland and part of Auckland Region extends from Cape Reinga in the north to the northern fringes of Auckland city in the south. It includes the communities of North Shore City, part of Waitakere City, Whangarei, Bay of Islands, and Dargaville. There were no changes to the existing boundaries in 2007.
Preliminary results for Te Tai Tokerau Electorate for the 2011 Election are:
Hone HARAWIRA - Mana Party (7139 votes)
- Kelvin DAVIS - Labour Party (6265 votes)
- Waihoroi SHORTLAND - Maori Party (2705 votes)
We will be following one household from each electorate in the lead up to the Election to get a take on the election through their eyes.
Click here to Meet our Te Tai Tokerau family for 2011
Watch past Te Karere stories on the Maori electorates and their candidates for the 2011 Election.
- Race for Te Tai Tokerau seat close
- Cycle Track second confiscation of same block of Maori land
- Te Tai Tokerau youth want jobs
- Labour's Te Tai Tokerau candidate Kelvin Davis joins us
- Waihoroi Shortland Maori Party Te Tai Tokerau candidate
- Te Karere Digipoll for Te Tai Tokerau
- Hone talks about Mana Party Policy
- Mana leader Hone Harawira on Te Karere Digipoll
- We discuss Digipoll with former MP Willie Jackson
Hone Harawira Mana Leader joins us live