Top Shows

Contact Te Karere

Rāapa 8 Here-turi-kōkā 2012

Published: 1:17PM Wednesday August 08, 2012

Division in Labour’s ranks over same - sex marriage bill

Labour MP Louisa Wall has been asked by her party's Pacific Island Affairs spokesperson to withdraw her bill proposing same-sex marriage. Labour has a high Pacific Island following, many of whom attend church where same-sex relationships are not condoned.

Tongariro slumbers while residents prepare

Today marks day two of the Tongariro eruption, our reporter Hinerangi Goodman returned to the area to look at Ngati Hikairo's plans.

Na tional standard results to go on website

National standards data from all schools will be placed on a website so parents, teachers and the Government can measure their performance. So far 95% of schools have handed in their national standards data while the remaining 5% have been told they have until the end of September to submit theirs.

Findings show need for Maori language in homes

In April last year, Te Paepae Motuhake released a report that looked at the review of the Maori language strategy sector. The report showed that some Maori language rates were on the decrease. We spoke to Rahera Shortland, a member of Te Paepae Motuhake about their findings.

Adventure to Kermadec Is lands for leaders of tomorrow

Thirty young people have set off on an adventure to the Kermadec Islands today. The youths were chosen out of hundreds of applicants to participate in the inaugural Sir Peter Blake Trust Young Blake Expedition where leadership and passion for the environment will be fostered.

Christchurch residents protest against delays in insurance claims

Christchurch residents protested against the Earthquake Commission (EQC) and insurance companies that are delaying their insurance claims. This is the second protest to take place, the first took place when the blueprints were launched for the rebuild of Christchurch.

Who will bring in NZ’s 100th medal?

NZ has reached its 99th medal in Olympics last night with one of our cyclists, Simon van Velthooven,  winning a bronze medal. Runner Nick Willis was also hoping to add to the tally but unfortunately fell short.

Advertising