Now Playing: Sunday: Day of shame (0:00)
It was a war crime, an atrocity committed by New Zealand troops. They walked into a village and systematically murdered as many as 130 unarmed, innocent civilians. No-one was ever held to account, and the stain on our proud military history was brushed aside with a 500 pound pay-off. SUNDAY has tracked down a survivor and they demand New Zealand faces its past
Sunday November 22: Day of shame
Published: 5:53PM Thursday November 19, 2009 Source: SUNDAY
- Dirty Politics saga: Andrew Little claims John Key 'misled New Zealand' video
- Europe is 'elderly and haggard' - Pope Francis
- Dunedin crowned ultimate winner of Gigatown
- Samoans admit 'there's an issue' with women abandoning babies video
- Tony Abbott against gay marriage because it will 'cause Government problems'
- Added 03:48 Prosecutor faces new criticism over Ferguson case
- updated 03:14 Pakistan in control over Black Caps after first day video
- Added 22:52 Militia reinforcements contain damage in Ferguson video
- Added 21:55 Man missing after boat sinks on Lake Rotorua
- Added 21:48 Phil Hughes has more scans, still in critical condition
How do you want your news?
Copyright © 2014, Television New Zealand Limited. Breaking and Daily News, Sport & Weather | TV ONE, TV2 | Ondemand