The Singing Bee Terms and Conditions
Eligibility & Criteria
- You must submit a completed application and photograph of yourself to be considered for the application.
- You must be 20 or over as at March 1st 2009
- Applicants must be resident in New Zealand and living within daily driving distance of Aucklands CBD. Flights and/or accommodation expenses will not be provided for contestants.
- Applications close on 10 April 2009
- Applicants must be available to attend auditions in Auckland on a date or dates to be advised.
- Applicants must be available for filming in Auckland for the entire period 2nd May - 10th May 2009
- You must be willing to undergo any further vetting procedures required.
- Employees of Great Southern Television and TVNZ and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
We will not return any applications or any materials submitted such as documents, photos, or videos. Please do not send original copies of important documents or materials that are unable to be replaced.
Acknowledgement & Selection
- Online applications that provide an email address will receive emailed confirmation that their application has been received.
- We are unable to confirm receipt of applications or any other materials such as photographs or videos received by mail or courier, or online applications where no valid email address is supplied.
- Short listed or successful applicants will be contacted to discuss the next steps in the selection process. Because of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to advise you if your application is unsuccessful.
- Great Southern Television's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
All applicants and contestants must meet all the terms & conditions and contest rules to be eligible to win any prizes offered.
Further details about the programme and what is involved in being a participant will only be discussed with applicants who are called to an audition or cast in the programme.
- The information supplied by you in this application/entry/submission will be retained on the Great Southern Television database.
- The information disclosed by you in this submission and/or any supporting materials, questionnaires, auditions, interviews and similar may be used in the programme or associated promotional material including websites in respect of or related to the programme.
- We may, but are not obligated to, contact you further regarding this or other Great Southern Television programmes and projects.
- In the event that we send you any written materials, either electronically or otherwise, you will have the option on notification to us to be removed from our mailing lists.
1. If selected as a participant you must execute (without amendment) the waivers and release agreements as required by Great Southern Television and TVNZ or any of their licensees, successors or assigns.
2. You hereby give the following
representations, warranties, acknowledgements, consents and
(a) I hereby represent, warrant, acknowledge, and agree that:
(i) I have read and agree to be bound by the eligibility requirements;
(ii) I have completed this application honestly and accurately;
(iii) If any of the information in this application is found to be false or incomplete, this will be grounds for dismissal from the programme participant selection process, and/or from the programme contest (if any), if selected;
(iv) even if I meet the eligibility requirements, Great Southern Television has no obligation to interview me, and/or select me as a participant;
(v) even if I am selected as a participant, Great Southern Television is under no obligation to conduct the programme contest (if any) or produce the programme and TVNZ is under no obligation to broadcast the programme contest, even if produced by Great Southern Television;
(vi) all decisions by Great Southern Television concerning selection of the participants are final and are not subject to challenge or appeal; and
(vii) Great Southern Television has no obligation to return any materials submitted by me as part of the application whether or not I am selected as a participant.
(b) I hereby consent to the recording, use and reuse by Great Southern Television, TVNZ, and any of their respective licensees, successors, assignees, parents, subsidiaries, or affiliated entities, and each of their respective employees, agents, representative, officers and directors (collectively Releasees) of my voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, and any information contained in, derived from or obtained in connection with my application to be a participant in the programme or in any materials submitted by me in connection with my application (collectively Likeness), as edited, altered, or modified by Great Southern Television or by any of the other Releasees, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, in or in connection with the programme or any other work. I agree that the Releasees or any of them may use all or any part of my Likeness, and may alter or modify it regardless of whether or not I am recognisable. I further agree that the Releasees exclusively own all right, title, and interest (including, without limitation, all copyrights) in and to any and all recordings made by them and in and to any and all video that I have provided in connection with my application and any other materials that I have provided or may provide in connection with my application or my participation in the programme (collectively, the Materials), including, without limitation, the right to edit, alter or modify the Materials and to use all or part of the Materials and my Likeness in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, I further agree that the Releasees may use my Likeness and the Materials in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement of the programme. I grant the rights hereunder whether or not I am selected to participate in the programme in any manner whatsoever. I understand that I will not be paid any money for giving the Releases these rights.
(c) I hereby authorise the Releasees to investigate, access and collect information about me, about any of the statements made by me in my application, any supporting documents and any other documents that I have signed or provided or do sign or provide in connection with my application to be selected as a participant in the programme, or any other written or oral statements I make in connection therewith. I irrevocably authorise the Releasees to secure information about me and my experiences from my current and former employers, associates, friends, family members, educational institutions, government agencies, credit reporting agencies, and any references I have provided, and I irrevocably authorise such parties to provide information concerning me. I hereby unconditionally and irrevocably release and forever discharge the Releasees, and all such parties and persons from any and all liabilities arising out of or in connection with any such investigation. I specifically authorise investigation of my employment records, medical records, and government records, including but not limited to my motor vehicle records, criminal records and credit and/or consumer report(s). I acknowledge and agree that any such information obtained by the Releasees pursuant to this paragraph or otherwise may only be used for purposes of my possible participation in the programme, and may only be described or otherwise related in and in connection with the programme.
(d) I hereby authorise the Releasees to conduct psychological and physical examinations of me as required by Releasees. I further authorise the individuals conducting such examinations of me to disclose to the Releasees and their representatives all information about me obtained in connection with such examinations, and authorise the Releasees to utilise such information as regards my possible participation in the programme.
3. Release and Agreement Not To Sue
To the maximum extent permitted by law, I release the Releasees from any and all liability arising out of the recording or use of my Likeness and/or the Materials. Further, to the maximum extent permitted by law, I agree not to sue the Releasees as a result of the recording or use of my Likeness and/or the Materials (including, without limitation, any claim that such use defames me or invades any right of privacy and/or publicity) or interfere, inhibit, enjoin or restrain the development, production or exploitation of the programme or anything associated with it.
4. I agree to defend and indemnify the Releasees against any breach of my representations, warranties and acknowledgements as set out in my application, and hold them harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses and losses (including, without limitation, lawyers ' fees) of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way caused by or arising out of my participation in the programme.
5. I understand that it is against the rules of
competition (and may result in dismissal and loss of any prizes )
unless disclosed to Great Southern Television prior to broadcast of
the programme, to:
(a) Give or agree to give any member of the production staff and anyone associated in any manner with the programme, or any of the Releasees any portion of my compensation or anything else of value to arrange my participation and/or appearance in the programme.
(b) Accept or agree to accept anything of value to promote any product, service or venture in the programme, or use any prepared material containing such a promotion where I know the writer received consideration for it.
I will follow all rules made and directions given by Great Southern Television and TVNZ in connection with the programme, whose decisions in connection with the programme shall be final and in their complete and utter sole discretion.