SEVEN SHARP TEXT VOTING INFORMATION AND TERMS & CONDITIONS – 2013
HOW TO VOTE VIA TEXT MESSAGING:
• For each Text sent, a reply Text Message will be sent back to your mobile phone to let you know your vote or comment has been received, you are not charged to receive this text message. Response times for these may vary due to high loads (see “Voting Terms and Conditions” for more information on text message voting and receipt of votes)
• Each Text Message sent to 8875 will cost $0.75c including GST
• Text Voting for Seven Sharp costs $0.75c each and is not part of any free or capped text promotions. For the avoidance of doubt please check with your mobile service provider for details.
VOTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• All SMS text messages sent to 8875 will be so at the cost of the viewer and will cost $0.75c including GST each. SMS Voting is open to all residents of New Zealand. Viewers voting whilst on roaming are not eligible to enter.
• You must be the owner of the mobile phone to vote or have their permission before voting.
• TVNZ, and the Text Interactivity Service Providers will not be liable for costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
• All votes are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Seven Sharp database, NOT at the time of transmission by the voter.
• No responsibility will be accepted for non-receipt for any reason of a text message. No refunds will be given on votes charged for but not received in time to be counted in the voting round.
• The eventual delivery of SMS messages to the Seven Sharp database is largely dependent on additional parties and the effective functioning of the sender's mobile operator's systems and infrastructure. Consequently, TVNZ and the Text Interactivity Service Providers will not be liable for non-receipt of or late receipt of messages due to issues resulting from services provided by the participant's mobile providers. Should there be a dispute, TVNZ shall endeavour to make the necessary investigations to the best of its abilities and attempt to rectify the discrepancy, but should such investigations prove to be inconclusive, no further action can be taken against TVNZ, or the Text Interactivity Service Providers by Seven Sharp voters.
• All votes received by the Seven Sharp database will receive a reply confirmation message. In times of high entry volumes some delays may occur in the delivery of this reply message. TVNZ will do its best to ensure all confirmation text messages sent to you are delivered promptly. Successful delivery depends on additional parties such as telecommunication network suppliers and ISP's, hence TVNZ cannot guarantee that messages will arrive promptly or arrive at all. Message delivery performance is subject to the recipient’s mobile terminal being switched on and located within an area that is acceptably covered by the recipient’s service provider. Furthermore, mobile operators can prevent their subscribers from receiving SMS messages, for whatever reasons, and in such cases message delivery is not possible. TVNZ, and the Text Interactivity Service Providers will not be held responsible for any loss, damages or injury whatsoever arising from the receipt or non-receipt of text messages.
• In the interests of ensuring a fair and even-handed voting process TVNZ will accept votes only from bona fide SMS accounts and accountholders. If TVNZ suspects that votes are being registered as a result of fraudulent, dishonest or other unlawful activity or in a manner that attempts to unfairly influence the voting process TVNZ reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify votes so registered.
• Under no circumstances are TVNZ, or the Text Interactivity Service Providers liable for any indirect/special and/or consequential damages or loss whatsoever which result from any use or access to or any inability to use or access the Text Message application voting service.
• TVNZ and the text Interactivity Service Providers make no guarantee Text voting services will be available, uninterrupted, free from error or delay or that any such error or delay will be corrected. • All queries in relation to mobile phone billing should be directed to your mobile service provider.
• TVNZ reserves the right to extend, postpone, or cancel a vote and to update these terms and conditions on tvnz.co.nz without notice.
• TVNZ reserves the right to change the broadcast or voting times without notice.
• TVNZ and the Voting Service Provider reserve the right to keep all voting tallies confidential. No results other than what is required for the purpose of the format of the program will be released to the public.
• In order to provide a valid SMS vote, entrants must submit their entry via a mobile phone with a reply path. The SMS message must be routed via a mobile operator’s network. • Text Interactivity Service Providers” includes Telecom New Zealand Limited, Vodafone New Zealand Limited Two Degrees and Lateral Profiles Limited.
• Promoter is Television New Zealand Ltd, PO Box 3819, Auckland, New Zealand.
• TVNZ’s decision in relation to any aspect of the vote is final and binding on every person who votes and no correspondence will be entered into.
• TVNZ may be required by law to disclose information you provide. TVNZ will only make the disclosure if it believes in good faith that it is required to do so
COMPLAINTS & QUERIES
• Any complaints should be addressed in writing to TVNZ Licensing –, PO Box 3819, Auckland.
• Any queries relating to the competition should call TVNZ (09) 916 7000 in the first instance providing their name and contact phone number.