Conquer The Volcano event is a Fundraiser event to help cover Amy Campbell’s significant costs to compete in Badwater 2013
There are seven Cycle / Run / Walk options to choose from :
1. Run 14 Volcanoes, 57.9km & 1,631m : Starts 6am
2. Run 10 Volcanoes, 41.9km & 1,286m : Starts 8am
3. Walk 7 Volcanoes, 21.9km & 916m : Starts 8am
4. Bike 14 Volcanoes, 57.9km & 1,631m : Starts 10am
5. Run 7 Volcanoes, 21.9km & 916m : Starts 10am
6. Walk 3 Volcanoes, 12.1km & 504m : Starts 10am
7. Run 3 Volcanoes, 12.1km & 504m : Starts 11am
Donations appreciated to support Amy and for your race entry are greatly appreciated. Now remember you are only racing for spot prizes so don’t take it too seriously! You can help her here .
Then please stay on after at the Normandy for some lunch &/or drink, where the Badwater video will play on a big screen, as well as a chat from Amy. All family friends are welcome to join.
What is Badwater? A 217km run through Death Valley with over 4000m of vertical ascent, temps up to 55 degs Celsius held on 15th July 2013. Only 90 runners are selected to compete in Badwater each year, for what is commonly referred to as the hardest foot race on the planet.