Now Playing: MPs slip up on votes for violent criminals (1:43)
Source: ONE News
Murderers, rapists and other violent criminals could be awarded the right to vote because of an embarrassing mistake by New Zealand's lawmakers
Now Playing: Convicted killers could get the vote (4:39)
Source: TVNZ News at 8
Why should violent murderers have any say in who runs the country? Civil liberties barrister Stuart Cummings discusses the bill before parliament that could give them the vote
MPs slip up on votes for violent criminals
Published: 5:33AM Tuesday September 21, 2010 Source: ONE News/NZPA
- Auckland Council's grand design cops criticism video
- Settlement signed with Maungaharuru-Tangitu
- Labour's selection process for by-election kicks off
- Winston Peters warns of corruption from China video
- High Commissioner's rent costing $7500 per week
- Minister 'ignoring' process over Denniston deal - conservationist video
- 'Buck stops' with Minister in China meat saga - Greens video
- Katy Perry thinks Robert Pattinson deserves better
- Pakistan plane escorted to airport after bomb threat
- Woman hospitalised after 'serious assault' on SH1
- British security services in spotlight after soldier murder video
- Flood warnings for Thames, Auckland drivers
- opinion Nicole Bremner: Let the Auckland debate continue video
- 19:23 Williams' exit opens All Black door for Thrush video
- 19:05 Auckland Council's grand design cops criticism video
- 19:03 Pakistan school bus explosion kills 17
- updated 18:59 Woman hospitalised after 'serious assault' on SH1
- 18:44 Kiwi make a comeback in Kaipara video
How do you want your news?
Choose the news you want when you want it, all in one personalised daily e-mail.
ONE News is available on iPhone, iPad, and as a mobile site.
See when TVNZ have added new content. You can get the latest headlines anywhere.
Enjoy TVNZ on the move - a wide range of programmes and highlights are available.