Packed to the Rafters Terms and Conditions
Packed To The Rafters - The Prize and how to
- The period of the Competition is between 9.30pm Tuesday
18 August 2009 - to 4.00pm Monday 14 September 2009
- There is only one Grand Prize, which will be drawn within
7 days of the Competition ending 4.30pm Monday 14 September
2009. The Grand Prizewinner will be contacted directly on the
contact details provided on entry form.
- The Grand Prize will consist of a fully furnished flat
with rent paid for 6 months at an approximate value of up to
$12,000, first month's food paid in supermarket grocery vouchers to
the value of $1,000, Bedroom furniture paid in gift cards with a
local furniture retailer (e.g. Freedom Furniture) to the value of
$5,000, weekly cleaning service not exceeding the value of $2,000
across the total six month period, plus iron and ironing board not
exceeding the value of $250. In addition, the parents of the
winner will be given vouchers to the value of $4,000, to redecorate
their offspring's room. Total value of prize up to
$24,250. The actual details of the prize package will be
arranged in an individual manner with the winner.
- Each week, the public will vote for their favourite
entries resulting in a top 10 pick for each week. At the end
of the Competition a panel selected by TVNZ will choose the winning
entry from the top 30 entries the public voted for. Those
individuals voting for their favourite entry will also go in the
draw to win one $50.00 Westfield shopping voucher, only one winner
will be chosen and only one prize is available.
- Where supply of the Grand Prize or any component of the
prize is deemed difficult, TVNZ has the right to convert the prize
to a cash prize.
- To enter - entrant must watch "Packed To The Rafters" on
Tuesday 18 August, Tuesday 25 August or Tuesday 1 September to see
the episode related question. The answer will be multiple
- To enter viewers must then go to
tvnz.co.nz/packedtotherafters answer that week's watch to win
question correctly, complete a maximum 250-word description on why
their overstaying offspring must go and provide contact details.
Viewers are encouraged to upload photos at
tvnz.co.nz/packedtotherafters with their entry.
- TVNZ has the right to reject any content of an entry
- Top 10 entries will be chosen by the public for each of
the 3 weeks the Competition will be running, this will mean a total
of 30 entries will be entered into the Grand Prize draw.
- Each overstaying offspring may only be entered once
during the period of the Competition. However, an entrant can
enter more than one overstaying offspring into the
- In the event that the winner cannot be contacted for whatever reason and does not return the call/message within 7 days, the prize will be declared null and void or, at the discretion of TVNZ, another prize draw will be made and the Grand Prize allocated to a new winner.
Terms and Conditions of entry
- Entry into the Competition is deemed as acceptance of all
applicable terms and conditions and the terms and conditions posted
- Entry is open to all residents of New Zealand except for
employees or their families of TVNZ and Saatchi &
- TVNZ reserve the right to extend, postpone, or cancel the
Competition and to update the terms and conditions, and prizes on
tvnz.co.nz/packedtotherafters without notice.
- Entrants and their nominated offspring must be over the
age of 18 years old.
- All entries become the property of TVNZ. Entry into the
Competition constitutes consent to use winners' names & photos
for any promotional purposes.
- TVNZ may be required by law to disclose information
provided by entrants. TVNZ will only make the disclosure if it
believes in good faith that it is required to do so.
- TVNZ's decision in relation to any aspect of the
Competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no
correspondence will be entered into.
- TVNZ reserve the right to conduct security verification
check at their absolute discretion. The prize winner may be
required to sign a declaration confirming their eligibility to
accept the prize.
- TVNZ reserve the right to request winners to provide
proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize
delivery address. Identification considered suitable for
verification is at the discretion of TVNZ.
- Delivery of the Grand Prize is subject to reference
checks as requested by Real Estate Agent nominated by TVNZ.
For a first time tenant this includes: character references,
parental guarantee, employment reference, credit checks and any
other references deemed necessary.
- The delivery of prizes is the responsibility of TVNZ
however where the prize is not possible to arrange, the prize will
be transferred to a cash prize.
- TVNZ are not liable for any loss, damage or injury by any person in connection with the Grand Prize.