Ep 8 - Oyster Sauce Lamb
Serves - 4
Prep time - 15 mins
400-500g, trimmed and thinly sliced
3 cloves, finely chopped
1 small, thinly sliced
(scallion) 2, thinly sliced
kaffir lime leaves
3-4 medium, central stem removed, thinly sliced
baby bok choy
2-3, bottom end trimmed, stalks and leaves finely sliced
3 medium, cut into thin matchsticks
mung bean sprouts
juice of 2
extra-virgin olive oil
a good drizzle
2 tablespoons toasted
(cilantro) 1/2 cup chopped
1. Combine lamb, garlic, sesame oil and oyster sauce and leave to marinate for about 15 minutes.
2. Heat a drizzle of oil in a wok or large fry pan over high heat until very hot. Add lamb and stir-fry for 2-4 minutes until just cooked through. Set lamb aside, but keep the pan on the heat.
3. Add another little drizzle of oil to the pan and quickly stir fry the onion, spring onion and kaffir lime leaf for 1 minute. Toss with the lamb.
4. Combine shredded bok choy, carrot and mung bean sprouts in a large bowl.
5. Toss salad with lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and sesame seeds, then gently toss with cooked lamb, onion and spring onion.
To serve, divide between plates and garnish with plenty of fresh coriander.