New Zealand's Got Talent Terms and Conditions
NEW ZEALAND'S GOT TALENT AUDITION
In participating in the auditions for New Zealand's Got Talent (the "Programme"), you will be deemed to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
1. Every member of every act must individually sign a Participant Release form before they audition in person. If you would like an advance copy of the Participant Release form, please email us at email@example.com. If you are applying online and are unable to attend an audition, you and every member of your act will be required to sign a Participant Release Form before proceeding to the next stage of the competition. In each case, you must agree to and abide by all of the terms and conditions in that form.
2. If you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older you will supply a copy of your birth certificate or passport confirming your age if requested. Failure to supply proof of your age (ie. current driver's licence, birth certificate, proof of age card, or passport) will result in your disqualification from the auditioning process. If you are less than 18 years old, you must be accompanied by your parent/ legal guardian to any audition that you may be requested to attend, who will need to consent to your participation by signing a contributor release form where indicated.
3. You must abide by all rules, regulations, terms and conditions of the Programme as devised from time to time by Imagination Television Limited ("Producer") and you will accept the Producer's decisions as final, recognising that the interests of the Programme shall override those of any auditionee.
4. Notwithstanding the operation of clause 5 and 8, You agree that the Producer owns all right, title and interest (including, without limitation, all copyright) in and to any and all content that you may provide/submit to the Producer as a part of your application for the Programme (including for the purposes of any audition process for the Programme, including but not limited to any image/photograph of you and any DVD and/or other audio visual content that you submit) ("Materials"). You irrevocably agree and consent that the Producer and anyone authorised by the Producer, has the right, without limitation, to edit, alter or modify the Materials and to use all or part of the Materials in and in connection with the Programme, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe, in perpetuity without restriction.
5. Notwithstanding the operation of clause 4 and 8, In the event that you provide to the Producer as a part of your application for the Programme (including your participation in any audition process for the Programme) any link to content existing on a social media website (including but not limited to You Tube) ("Online Materials"), you grant to the Producer a irrevocable non exclusive licence for the Producer and anyone authorised by the Producer, to use and exploit all or part of the Online Materials in and in connection with the Programme, including without limitation the right to edit, alter or modify the Online Materials, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity without restriction.
6. The Producer may (but has no obligation to) record, and the broadcaster may (but has no obligation to) broadcast, your appearance or any part of your contribution to the auditioning process. The Producer may at any time disqualify you from the Programme for any reason or no reason at all. The Producer's decisions concerning selection and disqualification of participants are final and binding.
7. Generally, it is a condition of participation that you have not previously entered into any commercial, contractual, sponsorship or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of your musical and/or performing abilities or the products thereof or in respect of you name likeness, image or biography. However, should you have entered into such an arrangement, you must immediately notify the Producer at the audition and the Producer may take such action as it considers in its absolute discretion to be appropriate including without limitation disqualifying you from the auditioning process.
8. You acknowledge that in reliance on consents given by you, the Producer may incur significant outlays and as an incentive for the Producer to photograph, video, film or record you (there being no obligation on the Producer to do so), you irrevocably agree and consent that the Producer may (and may authorise others to) photograph, video, film and/or record you and edit, adapt, alter, omit and otherwise use the resulting materials (the "Further Materials"), your name, likeness, image, actions, voice and/or biographical material (which includes, without limitation, any "personal information" as defined in the Privacy Act 1993), in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in or in connection with the production, broadcast, marketing, promotion, publicity and exploitation of the Programme, in perpetuity without restriction. The Producer will own all right, title and interest in any Further Materials and the results and proceeds of the Further Materials in perpetuity.
9. You agree that all information relating to the business of the Producer and its related entities which you are aware of, or become aware of (including but not limited to these terms and conditions, any invitation provided to you by the Producer to perform at any Programme audition, any information related to your participation in the Programme, the other participants in the Programme or the placing of each contestant) is the property of the Producer, is of a confidential nature and secret and is disclosed on the basis that the relationship between the Producer and you is a confidential relationship, ("Confidential Information") and you agree that you will not at any time, before, during or after the broadcast of the Programme divulge any of the Confidential Information to any person or company, other than as required by the Producer or by law. Failure to comply with this clause may result in your disqualification form the Programme and the Producer requiring you to pay $20,000 as a genuine pre-estimate of the damage and loss caused to the producer and Television New Zealand Limited (TVNZ).
10. You consent to the Producer collecting the personal information provided by you in or in connection with your audition, or your participation in the Programme. Further, you consent to the Producer, its successors and assigns, or any person authorised by TVNZ using this personal information for the purpose of selecting applicants for auditions and/or as participants in the Programme and in the production of the Programme. You consent to the Producer sharing this personal information with TVNZ for these purposes. You acknowledge and accept that the Producer and TVNZ may retain this personal information as part of a record of persons who have applied to be participants in the Programme for the period of time that the Programme is being produced, broadcast (including any repeats) and distributed and that they may use this personal information to contact you to inquire whether you wish to participate in the Programme or other television programmes produced by the Producer and/or TVNZ. You consent to any personal information contained in the Programme being used and retained indefinitely as part of that Programme by the Producer or any persons authorised by the Producer. You understand that if the details provided by you in or in connection with your application change, or if you want to access or update the personal information held about you, that you may contact the Producer at PO Box 37-468, Parnell, Auckland 1151.