Auckland Council says the Tepid Baths will be open to the public tomorrow after a chemical leak shut down the building today.
This afternoon 70 people were evacuated from the historic baths when it was discovered chlorine had leaked from a storage vessel.
A spokesperson from the Auckland Fire Service said 50 litres of sodium hypochlorite, more commonly known as chlorine, had spilled from a 2000 litre container.
Neighbouring properties were evacuated and surrounding streets were closed.
Nobody was hurt as a result of the leak.
The 98-year-old pools were reopened just last week after having
been closed in 2010 for a $15.8 million restoration and
The overhaul included upgrading water and air treatment systems to modern standards.