Now Playing: Update on the disaster in the Solomons (8:09)
Communities in Lata, off the Solomon Islands are today assessing damage following a deadly quake and sea surge.
Now Playing: Powerful quake threatens Pacific (3:18)
Source: ONE News
A powerful earthquake off the Solomon Islands has created a tsunami which threatens much of the South Pacific.
NZ makes $200k available in aid for Solomon Islands
Published: 3:18PM Thursday February 07, 2013 Source: ONE News
- New Zealand '10th best country to grow old in'
- George Clooney wedding: Kiwi designer dressed Amal Alamuddin's bridesmaid
- Martin Crowe looks to sell home quickly as he faces further cancer treatment
- Young man dies following three-car crash in Canterbury
- updated 10:12 'I deeply regret' Twitter attacks - David Cunliffe's wife
- updated 10:05 Protesters kicked out of oil industry conference at SkyCity video
- Man armed with stick robs Tauranga dairy
- Oblivious Londoners sign away their children - for free Wi-Fi
- 'I deeply regret' Twitter attacks - David Cunliffe's wife
- Pictures: George Clooney's wife Amal Alamuddin's wedding dress revealed
- 'Australasian' Lorde label a deliberate joke - TV host video
How do you want your news?
Copyright © 2014, Television New Zealand Limited. Breaking and Daily News, Sport & Weather | TV ONE, TV2 | Ondemand