Prime Minister John Key has taken out third place in BuzzFeed's list of 15 Most Ridiculous World Leaders of All Time.
BuzzFeed placed Key in third place on the list behind Boris Johnson the Mayor of London and Mayor Stubbs the Mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska.
Key gets points for thinking that a three way handshake is somehow possible.
The unusual handshake took place between All Black captain Richie McCaw and International Rugby Board chairman Bernard Lapasset at the 2011 Rugby World Cup celebrations. [Watch it here]
After the trophy was finally in McCaw's grasp, Key moved to shake his hand but Lapasset swiftly intercepted and got there first.
However, Key was fully committed and snagged a couple of McCaw's fingers.
For a few awkward moments the trio were joined in a less than ideal three-way handshake which has been labelled in the media as one of the more uncomfortable moments of the night.
The handshake has also made the BuzzFeed list of The Most Awkward Moments in Handshake History.
On the same night he offered congratulations to the All Blacks for securing the Rugby World Cup "troty".
Key was not the only Australasian leader to make the list, he is joined by Australian leaders Julia Gillard and Kevin Rudd.
Full list below:
15. Kevin Rudd, former PM of Australia
14. Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto, Canada
13. Naheed Nenshi, mayor of Calgary, Canada
12. Svante Myrick, mayor of Ithaca, NY.
11. Jan Peter Balkenende, former Dutch prime minister
10. Sam Adams, mayor of Portland, Oregon
9. Anthony Foxx and Pat McCrory, mayor and former mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina
8. R. T. Rybak, mayor of Minneapolis, Minnesota
7. Jon Gnarr, mayor of Reykjavik, Iceland
6. Julia Gillard, prime minister of Australia
5. Alan Bernholtz, mayor of Crested Butte, Colorado
4. Stephen Harper, prime minister of Canada
3. John Key, prime minister of New Zealand
2. Boris Johnson, mayor of London
1. Mayor Stubbs, mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska