Leigh and Jennifer: Pork tortilla
Pork tortilla with salsa and cheesy corn
Cooking time: 45 mins (+ standing)
Ingredients700g pork shoulder
3 tsp paprika
1½ tsp ground cumin
1½ tsp salt, plus extra 1 tsp, to season
40g duck fat (or 2 tbs olive oil)
250ml pineapple juice
200ml chicken stock
1 eschalot, chopped
2 coriander roots
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp coriander seeds
1 bay leaf
20cm square pork rind, scored
1 tsp olive oil, to season
8 warmed tortillas, to serve
Lime wedges, to serve
3 tsp white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 red onion, diced
1 tomato, seeded, diced
1 jalapeno chilli, seeded, finely chopped
1 tbs chopped coriander
1 avocado, mashed
1/2 jalapeno chilli, seeded, finely chopped
1 tomato, seeded, finely chopped
1 tbs finely chopped coriander
1 spring onion, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper, to season
3 tsp paprika, plus 1 pinch extra, for mayonnaise
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
70g finely grated grana padano
4 corn cobs
3 tsp sugar
1. Carefully cut pork rind away from shoulder meat and reserve. Rub combined paprika, cumin and salt all over pork. Heat duck fat in a heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat and cook pork for 6-8 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a pressure cooker with combined pineapple juice, stock, eschalots, coriander roots and seeds, garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns. Cover and cook over medium heat according to manufacturer’s instructions. Remove from heat, then remove lid and stand for 20 minutes. Shred pork using two forks.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220C. Rub pork rind with oil and extra salt, then place on a rack on an oven tray. Cook for 40 minutes or until golden and crisp, then break into pieces.
3. To make salsa, combine vinegar, sugar and salt in small bowl. Stir in onion and stand for 5 minutes. Rinse onion and drain well, then combine with remaining ingredients in a clean bowl.
4. To make guacamole, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.5. To make cheesy corn, combine paprika and salt in a small bowl. Combine mayonnaise, sauce and extra paprika in a separate small bowl. Place cheese on a plate.
6. Cook corn in a saucepan of boiling water with sugar for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Remove corn from cobs, then toss with mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with cheese and spice mixture.
7. To assemble, fill tortillas with shredded pork, then top with salsa, guacamole, corn and crackling. Serve with lime wedges.
Tips:- Exact cooking time in pressure cooker may vary slightly according to model of machine.
- If you do not have a pressure cooker, you can slow-roast the pork in in a tightly covered casserole dish at 180C for 2 hours 30 minutes-3 hours.
- Pork can be cooked in the pressure cooker or oven up to 2 days in advance. Reheat, covered, in the oven at 180C for 45 minutes or until hot.