Ep45 - Nondaja's Tespixhe with Citrus Salad
Team Name: Gianni & Zana
Toasted crushed pistachios, to garnish
Mascarpone, to serve
200ml canola oil
30g semolina flour
340g plain flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 mandarins, segmented
2 orangeS, segmented
1 grapefruit, , segmented
1 ruby grapefruit, segmented
- To make tespixhe, preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a shallow 30cm round cake pan.
- Bring water, milk and oil to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in combined polenta and semolina flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Gradually stir in plain flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Remove from heat. Cool slightly and stir in egg.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and use your hands to spread and flatten evenly. Cut into 8cm diamond shapes and prick with a fork.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, to make syrup, stir water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until dissolved. Simmer until thickened to form a syrup.
- Pour hot sugar syrup over tespixhe as soon as it comes out of the oven. Set aside to cool.
- Serve tespixhe and syrup with citrus salad and mascarpone.
- You could use any of your favourite seasonal citrus fruit to make this salad.