EP35 - Seared Scollops
Team:Eve & Jason
Salt and pepper, to season
1 cup small cauliflower florets
12 large scallops, without roe
Toasted flaked almonds and micro coriander, to serve
100g white miso paste
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tbs tahini
1 tbs honey
1 tbs caster sugar
40ml grapeseed oil
300g cauliflower, finely chopped
100ml pure cream
35g salted butter
- To make miso dressing, whisk all ingredients until smooth and combined.
- To make purée, place all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer, covered, for 7 minutes or until cauliflower is very soft. Blend until smooth. Season.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add cauliflower and season. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Season scallops. Preheat a lightly greased frying pan until very hot. Add scallops and cook for 1 minute. Turn and cook for a further 15 seconds.
- Smear purée onto serving plates and dot with drops of dressing. Top with scallops and scatter with cauliflower, almonds and micro coriander to serve.