Ep22 - Chocolate Tart with Raspberry and Blueberry Cream
Team:Alex & Gareth
Prep:1 hour (+ refrigeration)
300ml thickened cream
125g punnet raspberries
4 tbs icing sugar
125g punnet blueberries
1 tsp lemon juice
extra berries, to garnish
300g dark chocolate
250g plain flour
200g caster sugar
250ml iced water
- To make pastry, process flour, sugar and butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add water. Process until mixture just comes together to form a ball.
- Shape pastry into a disc and cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 180C.
- Bring pastry to room temperature. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use to line four 10cm round, fluted tart pans with removable bases. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Line tart shells with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Return to oven for a further 10 minutes or until golden brown, dry and crisp. Cool completely.
- To make filling, place chocolate in a bowl. Stir milk and cream in a saucepan until hot. Pour over chocolate and stir until smooth and combined. Stir in egg yolk. Pour into cold pastry cases. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until just set.
- Mash raspberries with half the icing sugar in a medium bowl. Mash blueberries with lemon juice and remaining icing sugar in a separate bowl.
- Beat cream with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Add half the cream to each berry mixture and fold to combine.
- Serve chocolate tarts with berry creams. Garnish with berries.