Ep17 - Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Fillet with Potato Purée
Team:Chris & Cookie
1 bunch Dutch carrots
2 tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
100g (2/3 cup) raisins
50ml dry white wine
1kg pork fillet
12 slices prosciutto
1kg white potatoes, chopped
Steamed brussels sprouts, to serve
1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
2 tbs honey
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place carrots on an oven tray, then drizzle with half the oil and season. Roast, turning halfway, for 40 minutes or until tender and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, place raisins, wine and 100ml water in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until liquid reduces and raisins are plump. Season, then transfer to a bowl to cool.
- To make jus, stir stock, honey and sage in a medium saucepan over medium heat until honey dissolves. Simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened and reduced to a quarter. Strain, discarding sage leaves. Season.
- Cut pork into 12 5cm-thick slices. Season well. Wrap each piece of pork in 1 slice of prosciutto.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pork slices and cook, turning, for 3 minutes on each side or until browned all over and almost cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate and set aside, lightly covered with foil, for 10 minutes to rest.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow steam to evaporate. Return to saucepan and mash over low heat until smooth and water has evaporated. Pass through a drum sieve.
- Add butter and cream and beat with a wooden spoon to combine. Season well with salt and white pepper.
- Divide potato purée among serving plates and top with pork slices. Add roasted carrots, brussels sprouts and raisin jam to the side. Spoon over jus to serve.