Ep 41 Paul and Blair: Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
Prep: 25 mins (+4 hours chilling)
Cook: 20 mins
- Melted butter, to grease
- 300g plain chocolate biscuits
- 180g (1 and a 1/2 cups) walnuts, finely chopped, toasted
- 10 dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 100g coconut oil
- 2 tbs honey
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 300g raspberries
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 125g fresh raspberries, plus extra, to serve
- To make berry coulis, place sugar and 50ml water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Add raspberries and stand for 5 minutes. Process mixture in a food processor until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, discarding seeds. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Meanwhile, grease and line a 23cm cake pan with removable base with melted butter. Process biscuits and nuts in a food processor until mixture resembles crumbs. Add dates, coconut oil and honey and process to combine. Press mixture over base of prepared pan and refrigerate until needed.
- To make filling, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar (on medium speed) until smooth and combined. Add cream and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Fill a small saucepan one-third full with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Place the white, milk and dark chocolate in separate small heatproof bowls. Working with one bowl at a time, place over pan and stir until chocolate has melted (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Allow to cool.
- Place 60ml boiling water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle over gelatine. Stir until dissolved. With the motor running, gradually add to cream cheese mixture and beat to combine. Add a third of the cream cheese mixture to each bowl of melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour dark chocolate layer over chilled cake base. Dot with raspberries, then freeze for 5 minutes. Top with white chocolate layer and freeze for 5 minutes. Top with milk chocolate layer and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Slice cheesecake and place on serving plates. Drizzle over coulis and serve with extra raspberries to the side.