Ep 24: Warm chocolate pudding
Recipe: Warm Chocolate Pudding with Crème de
Menthe and Chocolate Ice-Cream
Prep time:1 hour plus freezing time
Cook time: 15 mins
240g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa), chopped
90g caster sugar
40g plain flour
200g caster sugar
250g white eating chocolate
35ml creme de menthe liqueur
300ml water, extra
100g dark eating chocolate (70 per cent cocoa), grated
Chocolate decorations and edible flowers, to decorate
1. To make ice cream, stir sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 2 minutes to reduce. Cool.
2. Melt white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until smooth. Stir in combined liqueur and extra water. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar syrup. Cool completely. Transfer to an ice-cream machine. Churn according to manufacturers instructions. Stir through grated chocolate. Transfer to a freezerproof container. Freeze.
3. To make puddings, preheat oven to 200C.
4. Stir butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan, over low heat, until smooth and combined. Cool to room temperature.
5. Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and pale. Fold into chocolate mixture. Fold in flour. Divide among four ovenproof dishes. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
6. Cook for 8 -10 minutes or until set on outside.
7. Serve puddings with ice-cream. Garnish with chocolate decorations and edible flowers.
- To make chocolate decorations, drizzle melted dark chocolate into shapes. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint crisp. Refrigerate until set.
This recipe has not been tested.