Carla's signature chocolate cups
Carla's signature chocolate cups with fresh raspberries and mint
Cooking time: 5 mins
Ingredients200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
Fresh raspberries and mint, to decorate
150g dark chocolate (50% cocoa solids)
300ml thickened cream
55g caster sugar
50g cream cheese, at room temperature
1. To make chocolate cups, melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until smooth. Thickly brush the inside of four muffin cases with chocolate. Refrigerate until set. Repeat twice so you have three layers of chocolate.
2. Once set, carefully peel away muffin cases from chocolate cups.
3. To make chocolate mousse, melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until smooth. Remove bowl from pan. Cool 5 minutes.
4. Beat cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.5. In a large bowl beat sugar, cream cheese and egg until smooth. Add chocolate. Beat until combined. Add cream. Beat until just combined. Divide mixture among chocolate cups. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
6. Decorate chocolate cups with raspberries and mint.
Tips:- Chocolate cups can be made up to a week in advance. Store, covered, in the refrigerator or freeze for up to a month.
- Try and find sturdy muffin cases to make the chocolate moulds as they will be easier to paint with the melted chocolate. If they are thin or flimsy, you can use a few layered inside each other to make them stronger.
- These chocolate cups would also be great made with milk or white chocolate.
- If you are time poor, try serving the mousse in glasses or spooning into pre-made tartlet cases.