Ep9 Josh and Aaron - Sesame Seed Encrusted Seared Yellow Fin Tuna with Wasabi Mayo, Spiced Vinaigrette and a Rocket Bale
© Pepe De Hoyos
- 1kg Yellow fin tuna
- 1/4 Cup Sesame seeds
- 2 Nori sheets
- 2 Cucumbers shaved
- 30ml Soy sauce
- 25ml Red wine vinegar
- 25ml Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 20 drops Sesame oil
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 Orange juiced
- 3 Tbsp. Garlic infused olive oil
- 1 Chili
- 1/2 cup good quality Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Wasabi Paste
- 1 bag Baby rocket
- Cut the Tuna into long square shaped cylinders around 3cm x 3cm coat in the sesame seeds and nori season with Salt.
- Sear evenly on all sides with good quality olive oil when you see it cooking 3 – 4 millimeters around the edges and still raw in the centre, take it off the heat immediately. This dish is served rare.
- Slice into 2-3mm thin slices.
- Finely dice the chili and combine with the remaining ingredients for the vinaigrette. Whisk together well.
- Save the shavings from the cucumber and cut into 3cm barrels. Scoop out the center with a melon baller and fill with vinaigrette. Roll the rocket with a cucumber lace into the shape of a “Hay” bale.
This recipe has been supplied to TVNZ by the My Kitchen Rules New Zealand contestants. TVNZ has not tested this recipe and results may differ from those expected.