Ep21 Dai and Dal - Pavlova with Passionfruit and Lychees
© Pepe De Hoyos
- 3 Egg whites
- 1 Cup Caster sugar
- 1 tsp. Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla paste
- 1 Tbsp. Corn flour
- 1 Can Lychees
- 12 Passion fruits
- 500ml Fresh cream
- 1 Tbsp. Icing sugar
- 2 Ripe mangoes
- 500g Frozen raspberries
- 1/4 Cup Caster sugar
- Preheat oven on bake at 150 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy for approximately 3 minutes. Gradually add the castor sugar to the egg whites, one tablespoon at a time. Continue beating for approximately 10 minutes until the whites become glossy and forms stiff peaks.
- Sift in the corn flour, vanilla paste and vinegar and continue to beat for a further 30 seconds.
- Pour the meringue mix onto a lined baking tray and with a spatula shape into 6 individual pavlovas, approximately 5x5cm. Before putting the pavlova into the oven, turn down the temperature to 120 degrees and bake the pavlova for 50 minutes. Turn off the heat in the oven but leave the pavlova in the oven until required.
- Dice the mango and put this in a blender. Add the pulp and juice of 2 passion fruits and blend until smooth. Strain this in a sieve and discard the passion fruit seeds. Set aside until required.
- To make the raspberry coulis, put the raspberries and ¼ cup of castor sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Strain the coulis through a sieve and discard the seeds. Set aside until required.
- Add the icing sugar to the cream and whisk with an electric beater. Garnish the pavlova with fresh cream, passion fruit pulp and lychees.
This recipe has been supplied to TVNZ by the My Kitchen Rules New Zealand contestants. TVNZ has not tested this recipe and results may differ from those expected.