Ep20 Jessie and Ricki - Pan Fried Salmon with Beetroot and Quinoa Salad
© Pepe De Hoyos
- 4 Boneless salmon fillets
- 1 Cup Baby Quinoa
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 Lime, zested
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- 1 Large beetroot
- Handful Long beans
- 1 Packet Rocket leaves
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp. capers
- Salt and pepper
- 1cm ginger
- Olive oil to garnish
- 1 Zucchini, grated
- To make the salad, cook quinoa in 2 cups of water, once boiling turn down and simmer for 15mins.
- Cut beetroot into small pieces, toss in garlic and oil on a baking tray and roast for 30mins in a 180C fan forced oven. In a small bowl, combine zucchini and lime juice with salt and pepper and chill for 10mins.
- Once quinoa and beetroot are cooled, combine all salad ingredients in a bowl, squeeze lime juice over the top and a little bit of olive oil.
- To cook the salmon, first dry the skin and sprinkle sea salt over top. Heat a fry pan over high heat. Add butter and place the salmon skin side down. After 4mins, turn salmon over. Add a few lemon slices and capers.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes and remove fro the pan.
- When serving, pour pan juices and lemon slices over the salmon for extra flavor.
This recipe has been supplied to TVNZ by the My Kitchen Rules New Zealand contestants. TVNZ has not tested this recipe and results may differ from those expected.