Ep16 Jessie and Ricki - White Chocolate Ambrosia Cheesecake with Shortbread
- 350g packet Biscuits (vanilla wine preferably)
- 75g Mainland Butter softened (almost melted)
- 500g Cream cheese (room temp)
- 2C Frozen berries
- 2C Yoghurt
- 1tsp Powdered gelatin
- 1 Packet Mini marshmallows
- 200g White chocolate chopped
- 175g Mainland Butter
- 1/2 Cup Icing sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Cup Plain flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornflour
- Pinch salt
- 700g Dark chocolate
- Hundreds and thousands to garnish
- For the base place biscuits and butter into a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Using clean hands press mixture into a 22cm cake pan and evenly press along the bottom and up the sides slightly to form an even thickness. Place in refrigerator. Place frozen berries into a sieve to defrost and excess liquid to drain.
- For the mixture, mix the cream cheese until a smooth consistency then gradually add in yoghurt. In a small bowl dissolve the powdered gelatin with one tablespoon of hot water and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Finely chop white chocolate and add chunks and 2 cups of marshmallows to mixture ensuring they are evenly dispersed. Gently fold the frozen berries (now thawed and drained) into the mixture while making sure you don’t combine completely. You want a swirl of the berry colour not a fully combined colour. Pour the mixture evenly into the cake pan and put back into the refrigerator to set. This will take 2hours however you can leave in longer depending on when you want to serve.
- To make the shortbread, Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift in flour, cornflour and salt and mix thoroughly with the butter mixture until it forms a dough. Knead the dough, then roll out to 1cm thickness on a floured surface.
- Press out shapes using a biscuit cutter and place on oven tray. Place remaining dough together and roll out again, press out shapes until mixture is used up.
- Bake for 30mins or until pale golden.
This recipe has been supplied to TVNZ by the My Kitchen Rules New Zealand contestants. TVNZ has not tested this recipe and results may differ from those expected.