Ep12 Tracey and Neil - Caeser Salad with a Twist
© Pepe De Hoyos
- 1 Kg Pork Belly
- 2 Onions, Chopped
- Chicken stock
- 8 Eggs
- Olive oil
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 8 Anchovy fillets
- 200g Parmesan, Grated
- 3 Tbsp. Crème fraiche
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 12 Pancetta slices
- 6 Heads Romaine lettuce, Leaves torn
- Salt the pork Belly and place in a tray on top of the chopped onions. Fill the tray with chicken stock up to the skin of the pork belly. Place in over at 150 degrees for 2.5 hours.
- Take the pork out and drain the stock away. Turn up the oven to 240 degrees and cook pork for a further 40 minutes until skin is crisp.
- Combine together the garlic, anchovy, Parmesan, crème fraiche, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Blitz until smooth and combined.
- Pan fry the pancetta until crispy.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add in the eggs and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and place into iced water. Peel and cut in half.
- Dress the lettuce and place onto the plate. Cut the pork Belly into small cubes and scatter over the dressed lettuce leaves. Garnish with the pancetta and boiled egg.
This recipe has been supplied to TVNZ by the My Kitchen Rules New Zealand contestants. TVNZ has not tested this recipe and results may differ from those expected.