Ep11 Theresa and Joelle - Prawn Cocktail Tart with Creamy Leek and Tomato Salsa
© Pepe De Hoyos
- 680g Plain Flour
- 440g Unsalted Butter, chilled, chopped
- 80g Parmesan, grated
- 2 Egg Yolk
- 120ml Iced Water
- 3 + 1 Leeks, trimmed, thinly sliced + 1 juliene
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 300g Mascarpone
- 40 Large Prawns, peeled, deveined
- 5 Ripe Tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 Avocados, diced
- 4 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, juice squeezed to taste
- Small fresh basil leaves
- Chilli Flakes
- For the pastry, place the flour, butter and Parmesan in food processor, blitz to a breadcrumb consistency. Add egg yolk and water and process until a ball starts to form. Place the dough onto a floured board and knead until smooth, wrap and rest in fridge for 30 minutes. Roll into mini tart tins and rest in fridge for 15-20 minutes. Prick bases and blind bake at 190C for 15 minutes, then remove baking weights and cook until golden about 10minutes.
- Cook leek and garlic on a low heat until soft. Add mascarpone and mix until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the prepared pawns and cook in olive oil in batches until just cooked 1-2 minutes each side. Remove from heat. Cool slightly and toss in olive oil with tomatoes, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Gently fold avocado when ready to serve.
- Deep fry julienne leek until crispy.
- Place the creamed leek into the tart base, top with the prawn mixture. Scatter basil leaves around the plate. Top with deep fried leek. Drizzle with olive oil.
This recipe has been supplied to TVNZ by the My Kitchen Rules New Zealand contestants. TVNZ has not tested this recipe and results may differ from those expected.