Want to be on MasterChef NZ Series 2?
The search is on to find New Zealand's next MasterChef.
TV ONE wants every kitchen wannabe from amateur chefs to budding foodies to toss their chef's hat in the ring each hoping to become New Zealand's next super Chef.
A real life drama will play out as the contestant's kitchen courage is put to the ultimate test. From the lows of failure to the highs of success, our cast of characters will be catapulted from starters to mains then deserts and back again.
IN 2010/2011 WE ARE ABOUT TO SEE WHO CAN TAKE THE HEAT
- AND WHO HAD BETTER GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!
Rules of Entry & Instructions:
1. All applications must be submitted on-line. Applications received by post cannot be accepted.
2. Answer all questions honestly and to the best of your ability.
3. We will be unable to reply to all applicants individually. You will only hear from us if you have been invited to an audition.
4. Please ensure you read, fully understand and meet the eligibility requirements before applying to be a contestant on MasterChef NZ Series 2. The rules of entry are at the end of this form.
5. Please attach a DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPH of yourself to your application.
6. You must be aged 18 or above on 1st September 2010.
7. You must be a New Zealand citizen or resident.
8. You cannot have any formal tertiary or other professional catering qualifications acquired in the last 10 years.
9. All MasterChef NZ Series 2 contestants must be amateur cooks. If you have previous professional or semi-professional kitchen experience that the producers deem (in their entire discretion) could create an unfair advantage you are not eligible. Guidelines for professional activity that preclude participation as a contestant on MasterChef NZ Series 2 (and the matters listed in this clause 9 are not exhaustive) are as follows:
a. You cannot have ever worked full-time in a kitchen as a cook, chef or in food preparation
b. You cannot have earned money or payment of any kind from preparing food and/or cooking fresh food in a professional kitchen environment such as a restaurant, café or take-away in a casual or part time capacity for a total of more than 12 weeks in the last 15 years
c. You cannot have taught cooking classes or have done cooking demonstrations or food preparation in any capacity be it casual, part time, full time or contract in the last 15 years
10. You must be able to commit to all the filming days required. Excluding auditions, the filming is scheduled to take place between approximately 4th October 2010 and 10th December 2010.
11. You cannot be related to, a member of Imagination TV Ltd (the "Producer") or Television New Zealand Ltd.
12. You cannot have been convicted of any serious crime.
13. Submission of an application form and compliance with the above does not in any way constitute an offer to appear on the programs.
14. The Producer may (but may not) invite you to attend an audition at their discretion. When selecting applicants for MasterChef NZ Series 2, the following issues will be taken into account; skill, enthusiasm, drive, love of food, desire to change your life.
15. The Producer's decision regarding selection to the programme is final.