Seafood Hot Pot
2 Calamari tubes
2 tablespoons peanut oil or some other type of oil if Ross is
allergic to it
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
4 cm ginger finely chopped
4 x 5cm white pieces of lemon grass bruised and finely chopped
1 large red chilli finely chopped
8 kaffir lime leaves stems taken out and ripped
1 litre Campbell's Real Stock Fish
400 grams coconut milk
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 limes, juiced
4 tablespoons ripped coriander
- Clean shell fish well.
- Place pipis in bowl of cold water so they die spit out the sand
- Saute ginger and garlic gently for a few minutes until fragrant
- Add lemon grass and keep sautéing until lemon grass becomes fragrant
- Add lime leaves and chillies and stir for 1 minute
- Add shell fish and stir then add 400 ml Campbells Real Stock Fish and cook until shells open
- Remove shellfish from pot and set aside.
- Add the remaining stock and coconut milk and simmer.
- Add fish sauce to taste.
- Remove the shell fish from their shells and place them back in their shells.
- Slice the calamari into rings, mix with salt and pepper and fry on griddle for 30 seconds each side until tender. Potentially dredge in corn flour, salt and pepper and deep fry for 30 seconds instead.
- Fry the scallops mixed with salt and pepper for 30 seconds each side until caramelized
Place opened shell fish facing skyward in the very big bowl. Pour stock all over shell fish without disrupting pattern. Add lime juice and coriander then scatter the scallops and calamari on the shell fish trying not to get them in the stock so they don't overcook.