Scallops and Chorizo
Pan Seared Scallops and Chorizo with Pedro Ximenez
Broth, Orange and Date Salad
Recipe by Lidia Nowak
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
1 litre Campbells Real Stock Chicken
1 swede, peeled and 1cm diced
6 raw, thin chorizo sausages
2 oranges, supremed (peeled, segments removed with a knife, no pith), diced
5 fresh dates, pitted, diced
Lupi extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp Pedro Ximenez sherry
1 tsp sherry vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
12 scallops, removed from shell
orange flavoured sea salt
small bunch of micro cress
1. Place the Campbells Real Stock Chicken in a medium sized
saucepan and bring to a simmer. Poach the swede in the stock until
tender. Remove the swede from the stock and set aside, reserving
2. Bring the stock back to a simmer and poach the chorizo until cooked. Remove the chorizo from the stock, and once cooled, peel off the skin and slice thinly on the diagonal.
3. Combine diced dates with oranges, a pinch of salt and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
4. Bring 200ml of the Campbells Real Stock Chicken back to a simmer and add the sherry, vinegar and pepper to taste. Add a little water if necessary. Set aside.
5. Coat the scallops in a little oil and season with orange salt and pepper. Heat a medium frying pan over a high heat and sear the scallops for 1-2 minutes on each side.
6. To serve, put 3-4 slices of chorizo in the base of each bowl, top with three scallops and then a small pile of the orange and date salad. Arrange 4-5 cubes of swedes around the bowl. Top with micro cress. Spoon some of the chicken broth into each bowl.
Please note - this recipe is untested in the MasterChef kitchen.