Passionfruit honey yoghurt panna cotta
Passionfruit honey yoghurt panna cotta, Cassis jelly,
orange, ginger and star anise
Recipe by Nadia Lim
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes, plus one hour to set
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
Cassis and Orange Granita
150 ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
2 tsp powdered gelatine, dissolved in 3 tbsp hot water
6 tbsp passionfruit pulp in syrup, strained to remove pips
2 tbsp honey
1 cup Anchor cream, divided in half
2 1/2 tsp gelatine, dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water
1 cup thick De Winkel Greek yoghurt
Orange, Ginger and Star Anise Syrup
1/2 cup Homebrand caster sugar
1/2 cup water
4 star anise
1 lime, juiced
1 orange, zest sliced into fine julienne,
1/2 inch ginger, fine julienne
2 oranges, segmented
1. To make the granita, mix 100ml Cassis and orange juice
together in a shallow plastic tray. Place in the freezer. Once the
mixture starts to freeze, use a fork to gently break apart the
frozen mix and 'fluff'. Stir every 30 minutes to prevent freezing
into a solid block.
2. To make the jelly, place the cassis and water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the dissolved gelatine. Allow to cool but not set
3. To make the pannacotta, place the passionfruit syrup, honey and half of the Anchor cream in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat, whisk in 2? tsp gelatine and allow to cool.
4. Place the remaining Anchor cream in a mixing bowl and semi-whip. Fold the cream through the De Winkel yoghurt. Carefully fold the cooled liquid cream mixture into whipped cream and yoghurt mixture. Pour into glass tumblers and set in fridge for one hour.
5. In a small saucepan, bring Homebrand caster sugar, water, star anise and lime juice to the boil. Add orange zest and ginger. Simmer for 15 minutes until syrupy. Add orange segments and remove from heat.
6. Once the pannacotta is set, pour over cooled cassis jelly mixture and return to fridge for at least one more hour. When set, garnish with granita, orange segments and ginger syrup.
This recipe is untested in the MasterChef kitchen.