Recipe by Simon Gault
Makes 20 portions
1/2 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
3 tbsp water
60g brown sugar
100ml muscat wine
60g chilli grape jam
1/4 tsp salt
100ml Pukara extra-virgin olive oil
1. It's best to complete the dressing a day in advance to allow
the mustard seeds to soften. Soak the mustard seeds in 1 tablespoon
2. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of water with the brown sugar in a small saucepan. Place the sugar and water over a medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon for 3 minutes until the sugar has lightly caramelised.
3. Add the muscat, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Pour into a blender and add the chilli grape jam. Blend until a smooth texture is achieved, then pour into a bowl.
5. Add the drained mustard seeds and salt and whisk together, simultaneously drizzling in the olive oil very slowly until all the oil has been added and a nice, glossy, thick sauce is achieved.