Get the thoughts of the first person out of MasterChef NZ
So the first person to leave the MasterChef New Zealand kitchen has been revealed.
Chelsea Holmes, from Auckland , found her baking didn't rise to the occasion so she was sent packing from the kitchen and the competition.
Here's her exclusive thoughts on what it's been to part of the culinary challenge.
1) How has the whole Masterchef experience
Different... very different, like nothing else I have or will ever experience again.
2) How did it feel when the judges gave you that initial apron and then a chance to be part of the final 16?
Very excited - like a huge door to so many opportunities opened up.
3) How did you feel when you were told to leave the MasterChef kitchen?
Sad that my opportunity was over but happy that I was going home to my beautiful family!
4) What's the dish you created that you're most proud of?
My audition dish, I created every part of it on my own, from the porcini mushroom filling to the macadamia crust. When I heard other people used recipes for their dishes I was astounded:.
5) What have you learned most from the
That you can pursue anything you want in life - and if you don't get it first time, try again.
6) Who will you miss seeing most? And why?
I enjoyed hanging out with everyone. Alana was loads of fun!
7) What's your biggest regret about not getting further in the competition than you did?
That I didn't get to experience more in the culinary world.
8) When you were evicted, what would you have changed about the challenge which saw you forced to leave?
I would have liked to have been able to create my own bread as opposed to using someone else's recipe and timing/ technique. Not saying it definitely would have come out better but at least I would have had some input.
9) Fill in the gap: the kitchen utensil I look like the most is...
An old fashioned hourglass egg timer (when not pregnant:).
10) What's next for you?
Anything and everything. Life is full of wonderful opportunities. I'd love to make my cook book soon with my wonderful daughter and enjoy family life with my hubby and bub number 2!
Join the MasterChef New Zealand Facebook community here - and share your thoughts, recipes and opinions on the show!