Barbecued Pork Sausages with Chargrilled Vegetables and
Recipe by ©Ray McVinnie and Associates Ltd
75ml extra virgin olive oil
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
2 tablespoons capers
4 large ripe tomatoes, cored, diced 2cm
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sausages and Vegetables
6 Pork Sausages
2 red capsicums, quartered, cored and seeded
2 yellow capsicums, quartered, cored and seeded
3 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
Olive oil for brushing
10 Basil leaves for serving.
1. To make the salsa, put everything except the salt and pepper
into a bowl. Mix well, taste, season and reserve.
2. Brush the sausages and vegetables with oil and barbecue over low to moderate heat until the sausages are cooked through and the vegetables well browned.
3. Remove from the barbecue and slice the sausages in half on the diagonal.
4. Place the sausages and vegetables down the middle of a long white platter. Spoon the salsa cruda evenly on top and serve sprinkled with basil leaves.
- Make the salsa at least 1 hour before it is needed as the juices will come out of the tomatoes and the flavours will develop
- This salsa is also good tossed through hot spaghetti or as bruschetta topping
- Give yourself plenty of time to cook the sausages from raw over gentle low heat and prick them so they don't burst. They will take about 15 minutes to cook.
- Always lightly oil meats before you place on BBQ, that way your meat won't stick to the BBQ.