Terrine of ricotta and prawn wrapped in char grilled zucchini with gazpacho coulis
Terrine of ricotta and prawn wrapped in char grilled
zucchini with gazpacho coulis
Recipe by Justine Schofield
Tested Debbie Dalgliesh
4 vine ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 red capsicum, seeded, roughly chopped
1 medium cucumber, peeled, roughly chopped
1/2 red onion, peeled, roughly chopped
1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped, flat leaf parsley, mint, basil
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbs red wine vinegar
2 zucchinis, finely sliced lengthways
6 prawns, shelled and deveined
1 lemon, zest and juice
1/2 cup ricotta
1 tsp capers, finely chopped
1 tbs flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. For the gazpacho sauce, combine the tomatoes, capsicum,
cucumber, onion and herbs in a bowl, pour over the olive oil and
red wine vinegar, season with salt, mix and set aside for 20
minutes to marinate.
2. Using a food processor, process the vegetables to a fine pulp consistency, place a fine sieve over a bowl and strain the mixture, set aside.
3. Heat a char grill pan over a high heat, drizzle with olive oil and cook the zucchini until just charred, drizzle with olive oil and turn to char the other side, season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
4. Line a ramekin with cling film, brush with olive oil; arrange the zucchini strips in the mould tightly, ensuring no gaps.
5. Heat an oiled frying pan over a medium heat, dice 3 of the prawns, cook for about 1 minute, season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Place the ricotta in a bowl, add the lemon zest, capers, parsley and cooked prawns, season with salt and pepper and mix. Spoon the mixture into the prepared zucchini mould; cover the bottom with more zucchini, trim zucchini edges, tightly cover with cling
film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Heat the frying pan and cook the remaining 3 prawns.
8. Tip the terrine out of the mould into the centre a serving plate, top with the prawns and spoon around the gazpacho.