Poh Q & A
Poh Ling Yeow - Fast facts
1. Current job: Artist (painter).
2. Favourite chef: My great Aunt
3. Favourite restaurant: My Mum's.
4. Favourite cuisine: Chinese/Malaysian.
5. Favourite place to travel: Don't have one.
6. Favourite dish to cook: Abacus Beads.
7. Favourite dessert to eat: Crème Caramel.
8. Sweet or Savoury: Savoury.
9. Chilli or garlic: Garlic.
10. How do you like your eggs: Freshly Laid
1. Favourite ingredient and why?
Tapioca flour - you can make interesting, chewy things with it.
2. Favourite utensil and why?
Whisk - no one likes lumps
3. What's your favourite meal of the day -
breakfast, lunch or dinner?
4. What do you prefer, chicken, beef, seafood or
tofu, and why?
Tofu, I grew up eating the stuff.
5. What dish would be the way to your heart?
Any noodle dish.
6. What's your favourite tune to cook to?
Anything by Jill Scott, Ella Fitzgerald or Yann Tiersan.
7. Describe how you felt during the MasterChef
Like I was at kindy again and constantly needing to pee.
8. Tell us about your journey into the Top
Exhausting, bewildering. I was lucky last.
9. What do you think you'll learn from being on
How entertaining, frustrating, exhilarating it is to live in a house with 20 mad cooks.
10. Are you nervous about cooking for the judges
Of course. I'm not delusional!
1. Tell us about how you got into cooking and how old were you?
I started cooking around 9. My thing was baking cookies - it was all I was allowed to do.
2. What's the first meal you remember cooking and
was it a success or a disaster?
Not exactly cooking but U used to spend hours shredding bits of paper into my tea sets as pretend noodles
3. Who do you cook for the most?
4. What do you love and what do hate about cooking
I hate nothing except that I don't have enough time to do more of it.
5. What three ingredients would you take with you
to a desert island and what would you cook with them?
6. If you were having any three people, alive or
dead, over for dinner, who would they be and what would you cook
Frida Kahlo, Robert Crumb and my friend Sarah. I would make Asam Laksa for them.
7. What inspired you to go on MasterChef?
One of my best friends, Sarah put me onto it.