Episode 49 - Roasted Plums with Goat's Cheese and Thyme
Roasted Plums with Goats Cheese and Thyme
100g hazelnut meal
100g butter, chopped
60g caster sugar
50g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 plums, cut into 6 wedges
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 sprigs thyme
1 tbsp caster sugar
50ml white port
Goats Cheese Cream
150g goats cheese
zest 1/2 lemon
3 tsp caster sugar
65ml extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- To make the hazelnut biscuit, place all ingredients in a food processor and process until dough comes together. Turn out onto bench, form dough into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Leave to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll out rested dough between 2 sheets baking paper to 2 mm thick. Remove top sheet of paper, place on a baking tray and place in the oven to bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and while still warm, cut out 18 rounds using a 4cm cutter. Set aside.
- To cook the plums, place plum wedges on a roasting tray, flesh side down. Sprinkle with coriander seeds, thyme and sugar. Drizzle over port and place in the oven to roast until tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the goats cheese cream, place goats cheese, mascarpone, lemon zest and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Begin whisking, while slowly pouring in olive oil. Continue to whisk until light and fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside.
- To serve, pipe a small dot of goats cheese cream in the centre of the plate to hold the biscuit in place. Place the biscuit in the centre then pipe some goats cheese cream on top. Place 3 plum wedges on top and drizzle with roasting pan juices. Garnish with thyme.