Episode 44 - Maple and Mustard Lamb, Blue Cheese Broccolini
Maple and Mustard Lamb, Blue Cheese Broccolini with Crushed Pecans
125ml maple syrup
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp hot English mustard
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced
2 tbsp coriander seeds, toasted and ground
Juice of 1 lemon
1.2 kg lamb rack
Blue Cheese Dressing
60 grams blue cheese
10 grams pecorino
50 grams crme fraiche
Zest and juice of lemon
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 bunches broccolini, trimmed into florets
60 grams pecans, toasted and ground to a coarse crumb
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the lamb rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lamb from marinade, and place in a smoker or oven at 130C for 1 hour, basting the lamb throughout the hour. Turn the heat up to 200C and cook until the lamb forms a golden crust, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and rest.
- Combine the blue cheese dressing ingredients and using a stick blender, blitz until smooth. Adjust seasoning.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, blanche the broccolini for 30 seconds. Transfer immediately to an ice bath.
- To serve, toss the broccolini through the dressing and garnish with pecan crumbs. Carve ribs and serve with dressed broccolini.