Episode 10 - Atghara
Atghara (Pickled vegies with BBQ chicken)
60ml soy sauce
juice of 1 lime
500 grams skinless chicken thigh fillets
1/2 cup sugar plus more for sprinkling chicken
1 carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
1 Granny Smith apple, cut into fine matchsticks
1/2 cucumber, cut into fine matchsticks
1/4 red pepper, cut into fine matchsticks
3cm piece ginger, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 bunch coriander
salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the lemonade, soy sauce, lime juice and pepper, to taste in a bowl and stir to combine. Add chicken thigh fillets and allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Place chopped carrot, apple, cucumber and red pepper in a bowl and pour vinegar mix over. Add ginger and garlic and stir to combine.
- Place griddle pan over high heat. Once hot, lightly oil, sprinkle chicken with sugar and fry until caramelised and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and allow to rest.
- To serve, place some coriander on each serving plate. Cut chicken into strips and lay over coriander. Drain pickled vegetables and place on top of chicken.