Ep 9 - Brownie with Salted Caramel Sauce
RED TEAM – MARCO TEAM SERVICE
Chocolate brownie with walnut crumb and salted caramel sauce
Crème Fraiche Cream
100ml thickened cream
50g crème fraiche
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
180g 60% dark chocolate
180g unsalted butter
120g caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
120g almond meal
80g walnuts, finely chopped
Salted Caramel Sauce
160g brown sugar
100g unsalted butter
salt flakes, to taste
50g plain flour
50g caster sugar
50g almond meal
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line an 18cm x 28cm baking tray with baking paper.
- For the Crème Fraiche Cream, whip cream until thickened slightly. Add crème fraiche and vanilla and whisk until just combined. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside in fridge.
- For the Chocolate Brownie, melt chocolate, butter and caster sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until combined. Remove from heat and set aside until slightly cooled, about 5 minutes.
- Once cooled slightly, add eggs, vanilla, almond meal and walnuts and mix until fully combined. Pour mixture into prepared tray and bake until just firm, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled, cut into 8 portions and set aside.
- Increase oven to 180C.
- For the Salted Caramel Sauce, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk until sugar has dissolved completely. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add salt to taste and set aside, keeping warm.
- For the Walnut Crumb, line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine all ingredients together in a food processor to a coarse crumb. Spread crumb onto lined baking tray and place into the oven to bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, place into a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb.
- To serve, arrange Walnut Crumb in a diagonal line across each serving plate. Place a Chocolate Brownie in the middle. Pour warm Salted Caramel Sauce over the brownie and pipe on some Crème Fraiche Cream.