Ep 61 - Grilled prawns with fennel and orange salad
Grilled prawns with fennel, apple and orange salad
Recipe by Courtney
12 green king prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left
1 lemon, zest finely grated
1/2 tsp chilli, finely diced
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs Dijon mustard
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbs honey
1 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tbs lemon juice
1/2 lemon, zest finely grated
2 celery hearts, finely sliced
1 baby fennel bulb, very finely sliced, fronds reserved
3 oranges, peeled and segmented
2 granny smith apples, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1. Place the prawns in a large bowl and combine with the lemon, chilli, olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
2. Meanwhile, whisk all of the vinaigrette ingredients together with a pinch of salt and pepper, then set aside.
3. Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook the prawns for 1-2 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
5. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing to the salad and toss to coat.
6. To serve, divide dressed salad and prawns between serving plates. Drizzle each plate with a little extra dressing and scatter over fennel fronds.