Ep 54 - White Chocolate Pannacotta
EP 54 Brenton Owens
White Chocolate Pannacotta with Coconut
200 grams milk
150 grams sugar
240 grams white chocolate, broken into pieces
3 gold gelatine sheets, softened in water
50 grams hazelnuts, toasted, plus more for garnish
lemon segments, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Crack open coconuts over a large bowl and reserve 200 mls coconut water. Grate 1 cup of coconut for crumble and set aside. Slice slithers of coconut for garnish and set aside.
- To make the panna cotta, place milk and 40 grams sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add 200 grams white chocolate, remove from heat and stir until chocolate has melted. Add 1 ½ softened gelatine sheets and stir until melted. Strain mixture and pour into 4 x 100ml half dome moulds. Place in the fridge until set, about 60 minutes.
- To make the coconut jelly, place the reserved coconut water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, add the remaining softened 1 ½ gelatine sheets and stir until melted. Strain mixture and pour into a 9 cm x 19 cm loaf pan. Place in the fridge to set, about 45 minutes.
- To make the syrup, place 30 grams sugar and 30 grams water in a saucepan and set over medium heat. Allow to boil for 2-3 minutes, add passionfruit pulp and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To make the crumb, place remaining 80 grams sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan and set over medium heat. Allow to boil until light brown remove from heat and pour over a piece of baking paper and allow to set.
- Place reserved grated coconut on a baking tray and place in the oven to roast until golden, about 10 minutes, stirring half way through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place hazelnuts in a food processor and pulse twice. Add remaining 40 grams chocolate and pulse twice more. Add cooled toffee and pulse twice more. Add cooled grated coconut and pulse twice more. Set aside.
- To serve remove pannacotta and jelly from fridge and unmould. Place on serving plates, drizzle with syrup, sprinkle with crumble and garnish with hazelnuts, lemon segments and coconut slithers.