Ep 47 - Seared Tuna with Green Papaya Salad
EP 47 Jamie & Laura
Seared Tuna with Green Papaya Salad
4 x 150 gram tuna steaks
100 mls sweet soy
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon tamarind paste
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
8 snake beans, cut into 5cm lengths
1/2 green papaya, peeled and shredded
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 small shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup picked coriander leaves
peanuts, toasted, for garnish
1. Place tuna steaks and sweet soy in a bowl and set aside, basting frequently, to marinate.
2. To make the dressing, place fish sauce, tamarind paste, sugar, chilli powder and 3 tablespoons water in a bowl and whisk until well combined and sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
3. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add snake beans and cook for 2 minutes. Remove beans from water and place in a bowl of iced water to cool.
4. To make the salad place green papaya, cherry tomatoes, shallot and coriander leaves in a bowl. Drain snake beans, pat dry, add to bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
5. Place a grill pan over high heat. Once hot, add tuna steaks and cook 30 seconds on each side, or to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside to rest.
6. Add dressing to the salad, toss to coat and divide between serving bowls. Slice rested tuna and lay on top of salad. Garnish with toasted peanuts.