Ep 4 - Pork, Prawn and Sausage Fried Rice
EP 4 Kira Westwick
Pork, Prawn and Sausage Fried Rice
4 cups cooked Jasmine rice
200 grams pork loin, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons kecap manis
2 tablespoons chilli sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4cm piece ginger, finely grated
3 teaspoons sesame oil
1½tablespoons vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 shallots, finely diced
2 carrots, cut into 2mm slices
1 cup small prawns
2 x 20 gram Chinese sausage (lup chong), sliced 5mm thick
4 snake beans, finely sliced
4 spring onions, finely sliced, plus extra to garnish
1/3 cup Tamari
1 cup bean sprouts, plus extra to garnish
salt and white pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Spread rice evenly over a large baking tray and dry in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine pork, kecap manis, chilli sauce, garlic, ginger and 1 teaspoon sesame oil and mix well.
4. Heat a wok over medium high heat. Add 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and stir fry pork until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside, covered to keep warm.
5. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in wok. Add eggs and swirl to make an omelette. Remove from wok then slice thinly. Set aside.
6. Add remaining oil to wok and stir fry shallots, carrot, prawns and sausage for 3-4 minutes until golden.
7. Add rice, snake beans, spring onions, tamari and remaining sesame oil and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and white pepper, to taste.
8. Return pork and sliced omlette to wok with bean sprouts and stir through.
9. Serve immediately, garnished with spring onion and extra bean sprouts.