Ep 37 - Chocolate Pave with Citrus
EP 37 Blue Team
Chocolate Pave with Citrus
250 grams 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
2 eggs plus 2 yolks
300 ml thickened cream
Fig and Orange Gel
100 grams fresh figs, peeled
100 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
35 grams raspberries
40 ml Grand Marnier
25 grams icing sugar
3.5 grams (1 1/2 teaspoons) xanthan gum
2 ruby grapefruit, peeled and segmented
2 navel oranges, peeled and segmented
2 limes, peeled and segmented
25 grams icing sugar
25 ml Grand Marnier
Choc Orange Crumb
50 grams butter
zest of 1 orange
125 grams chocolate biscuits, crushed
125 grams mascarpone
150 ml cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
10 grams icing sugar
15 ml Grand Marnier
1. To make the pave, place chocolate in a bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Allow to melt, Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Place eggs and yolks in a bowl and set over the simmering water. Whisk until warmed and thickened. Remove from heat.
3. Add cooled chocolate to thickened eggs and fold to combine.
4. Place cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form. Add the chocolate/egg mixture and fold to combine. Transfer mixture to a 25 cm x 15 cm baking tray. Spread evenly and place in the freezer to set.
5. Place all ingredients for the gel in a food processor and process until smooth and well combined. Transfer mixture to a saucepan and set over low heat. Allow to heat until mixture reaches 70C. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside in the fridge.
6. To make the citrus salad, place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
7. To make the crumb, place butter in a frypan and set over medium heat. Add orange zest and crushed biscuits and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
8. To make the mascarpone chantilly, place all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until medium peaks form.
9. To serve, divide pave into 6 and place a slice on each serving plate. Add some citrus salad, gel and mascarpone Chantilly. Garnish with raspberries and choc orange crumb.